Knitted fabric and woven fabric distinction Knitted fabric and woven fabric due to the different methods of weaving, in the processing technology, fabric structure, fabric characteristics, finished use, have their own unique characteristics, in this comparison.
(1) fabric structure: (1) knitted fabric: the yarn is bent into a coil in turn, and the coil to each other to form a fabric, and the process of forming the coil can be horizontal or vertical, For the weft knitted fabric, and the longitudinal weaving is called warp knitted fabric. (2) woven fabric: by two or more than two of the vertical yarn, 90 degrees angle for the latitude and longitude interwoven fabric, the vertical yarn called warp yarn, horizontal yarn called weft.
(2) fabric organization basic unit: (1) knitted fabric: the core is the smallest basic unit of knitted fabric, and the coil by the circle and the extension line is a spatial curve. (2) woven fabric: warp and weft between each intersection is called the organization point, is the smallest basic unit of woven fabric.
(3) fabric characteristics: (1) knitted fabric: the coil is the yarn bending in the space, and each coil is composed of a yarn, when the knitted fabric by external tension, such as longitudinal stretching, the coil The height of the coil is increased, and the width of the coil is reduced, and if the tension is transverse, the opposite is true, the height and width of the coil are significantly different from each other under different tension conditions, so the knitting The extensibility of the material. (2) woven fabric: the warp and weft woven place some bending, and 袛 in the direction perpendicular to the plane of the fabric bending, the degree of bending and warp and weft between the mutual tension, and yarn stiffness, when the woven fabric by The tension of the warp increases, the bending is reduced, and the bending of the weft yarn increases, such as the longitudinal stretching, until the warp is fully extended, and the fabric shrinks laterally. When the woven fabric is stretched in the transverse direction by the external tension, the tension of the weft yarn is increased and the bending is reduced, and the warp yarns are increased, such as the transverse stretching, until the weft is completely straightened and the fabric is longitudinally contracted. And the weft yarn does not change, and the knitted fabric is different.
(4) fabric characteristics: (1) knitted fabric: can be extended in all directions, good elasticity, because the knitted fabric is formed by the hole coil, a greater permeability, feel soft. (2) woven fabric: woven fabric by the weft extension and contraction of the relationship is not, nor the conversion, so the fabric is generally tight, very hard.
(5) the physical and mechanical properties of the fabric: (1) knitted fabric: the physical and mechanical properties of the fabric, including dense, transverse dense, square meter weight, elongation, elasticity, breaking strength, wear resistance, curling, Thickness, dispersibility, shrinkage, coverage, bulk density. (2) woven fabric: woven fabric of the physical and mechanical, including warp and weft yarn density, cloth edge, front and back, along the direction of hair, fabric coverage.